A fire engulfed a 42-story building… It turns out that the culprit is this

Last year, the cause of a fire in a 42-story안전놀이터 building in Changsha, Hunan Province, China, was revealed to be a cigarette butt.

According to a local Chinese media report on the 15th, the Changsha City Emergency Management Bureau announced that the cause of the fire was a cigarette butt as a result of the analysis of the fire at the China Telecom building in Changsha the previous day (14th).

The fire occurred in September last year. The cause of the fire was discovered about 13 months after it occurred.

According to the forensic report, the fire started in the outdoor space on the 7th floor of the building. It is known that various combustible items, such as cardboard and rotten wood, were piled up in the space. It is said that a cigarette butt that someone had discarded caused the fire by burning the cargo.

The fire that broke out in this way spread to the aluminum panels on the exterior wall of the building and spread throughout the building.

The China Telecom building was completed in 2000. It is 218m high and has 42 floors above ground and 2 floors underground. It is the first building in Changsha City to exceed 200 meters in height.

At the time, many videos filmed by citizens who witnessed the situation were posted on Chinese social media. One citizen expressed regret, saying, “It’s all burned out, everything is burned out.”

Fortunately, there were no casualties from the fire. China Telecom is a state-owned enterprise and is China’s largest fixed-line operator and third-largest mobile communications operator.






Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *